Saturday 12 January 2013

Soap Cupcakes & New Blog look!

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I've written a blog, I do apologise! It's not that I haven't wanted to, I've just been re-vamping my company a little bit. It's got a fresh new look courtesy of James who did a fantastic job listening to me and helping my brand look exactly the way I wanted it to. Thanks James!

December was quite a busy month for me, as I'm sure it was for all of you as well! One evening I made three batches of cupcakes one after the other. I went to bed pretty knackered I must say! But it was all worth it, because I've perfected my cupcake recipes now, and they look like this:

Lemon Sherbet Soap Cupcakes

Cold Process Soap Cupcakes

Soap Cupcake Closeup


My cupcakes are all made from scratch using the cold process soap method, and not with any nasty melt & pour soap bases. (blech!) I worked really hard to perfect the recipe and I think I've got it down now. It took me around 3 months of practising to get it right, and I finally got it in December. I also found some great jojoba wax sprinkles and cosmetic glitter to complete the look. So now they're ready for everyone, you can find them in my Folksy shop if any of you are interested!

 I wanted to make them because cupcakes are so fun to make anyway, but after a couple of days - they're gone! Cupcakes are such good eye candy as well, it's the kind of thing you want to eat, but don't want to at the same time. So these lovely soap cupcakes are a great way to have all the eye candy you want, and none of the calories! Plus, when you do come to use it, it'll make your hands super soft because I've added a big hunk of shea butter into the mix ;)

So there you have it! I promise to write more blogs on what I'm up to, and now everything is sorted brand wise, it'll be way easier.

Happy new year! (sorry it's so late!)

Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment