Monday 28 January 2013

Lavender Dream Soap Cupcakes

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend. I put a new product in my shop over the weekend, and thought I'd do a blog on them. I love a good excuse for a bit of soap eye candy!

A lady I know asked me to make her some purple cupcakes to match her purple theme in her house. I didn't have a purple colourant at the time, and had to wait to get some stocks in, but she was very patient with me and after playing around with pink and blue colours, I managed to make a lovely purple for the soap frosting.

Handmade soap cupcake

Handmade cold process soap

Handmade soap cupcake with lavender

Handmade soap
It piped wonderfully well, and as I was hunting through my soap drawers to find my sprinkles, I realised some heather flowers might look really pretty. So I tried it on one cupcake first, (after a good sprinkling of glitter) and it looked so good, I did it to them all!

The above pictures are about a week after I made them, all in their packaging so you can all see how they come. I've added the product to my Folksy Shop - and because I got such good feedback from the lady who ordered them, and from everyone else who saw them, I'll be making them a permanent feature in my soap cupcake range!

So there you go folks!

Have a lovely week,

Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment